ARTICLE AD BOX
M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru. (FILE photo)
Royal Challengers Bengaluru has announced 25 lakhs for the 11 families of the deceased in the stampede of the victory parade on June 4 earlier in the year outside M.Chinnaswamy. The franchise has won its first Indian Premier League title and has decided to celebrate it; however, the celebrations turned bitter soon on the unfateful day.
Earlier in the week, RCB initiated RCB Cares to compensate the victims. “Our hearts broke on June 4, 2025. We lost eleven members of the RCB family. They were part of us. Part of what makes our city, our community & our team unique. Their absence will echo in the memories of each one of us. No amount of support can ever fill the space they’ve left behind. But as a first step, and with the deepest respect, RCB has extended ₹25 lakh each to their families,” RCB Cares said in a statement.
𝗥𝗖𝗕 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀: 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗔𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁
Our hearts broke on June 4, 2025.
We lost eleven members of the RCB family. They were part of us. Part of what makes our city, our community & our team unique. Their absence will echo in the memories of each one of… pic.twitter.com/1hALMHZ6os
— Royal Challengers Bengaluru (@RCBTweets) August 30, 2025
“Not just as financial aid, but as a promise of compassion, unity, and ongoing care. This is also the beginning of 𝗥𝗖𝗕 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗘𝗦: a long-term commitment for meaningful action that begins by honouring their memory. Every step forward will reflect what the fans feel, expect, and deserve,” the statement further said.
Removed from World Cup venues
M Chinnaswamy Stadium was removed from the list of fixtures for the ICC Women’s 50-over World Cup, an event that begins on September 30. Instead, the DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai has been added as one of five venues to host the eight-nation tournament.
The Indian Express had reported that the fate of M Chinnaswamy Stadium as a hosting venue for the ODI World Cup matches in September-November hung in the balance with Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) yet to get permission from local authorities to host the matches at the venue, where 11 people lost their lives in a stampede during RCB’s victory celebrations.
Now, Guwahati would host the inaugural game between India and Sri Lanka, one of the co-hosts, as opposed to Bengaluru. The other games the city was scheduled to host were between England and South Africa (October 3), India vs Bangladesh (October 26) and the second semifinal (October 30). These matches would now take place in Guwahati and Navi Mumbai respectively. Navi Mumbai could end up hosting the final if Pakistan doesn’t qualify. If they do, the venue would be Colombo.