ARTICLE AD BOX
Last Updated:May 23, 2026, 21:30 IST
Speaking to reporters in Delhi, Rubio said there was progress in US-Iran discussions related to the Strait of Hormuz and Tehran's nuclear programme.

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio interacts with the media before attending a reception at Roosevelt House inside the US Embassy premises. (PTI Image)
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio hinted that the US-Iran talks have entered a decisive phase as the West Asia conflict is set to complete three months, adding that a diplomatic breakthrough is expected to come as soon as Saturday.
Speaking to reporters during his India visit, Rubio said discussions related to the Strait of Hormuz and Iran’s nuclear programme were ongoing as the talks reached a critical phase, with Pakistan’s Army Chief arriving in Tehran and US President Donald Trump skipping his son’s wedding due to “circumstances pertaining to government."
Rubio said there had been progress in negotiations but did not rule out Trump resuming attacks on Iran. “There might be some news a little later today. There may not be. I hope there will be," he told reporters.
“There’s been some progress done, some progress made. Even as I speak to you now, there’s some work being done. There is a chance that, whether it’s later today, tomorrow, in a couple days, we may have something to say," he added.
Handpicked stories, in your inbox
A newsletter with the best of our journalism
News world 'There Might Be Some News': Rubio Hints At Big Breakthrough In US-Iran Talks
Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Read More
50 minutes ago
5




English (US) ·