'Grant Reservation Or Shoot Me': Manoj Jarange Continues Hunger Strike Over Maratha Quota

2 hours ago 2
ARTICLE AD BOX

Last Updated:August 29, 2025, 19:30 IST

Manoj Jarange is sitting on indefinite hunger strike demanding all Marathas should be recognised as Kunbis.

Manoj Jarange starts indefinite hunger strike (PTI Image)

Manoj Jarange starts indefinite hunger strike (PTI Image)

Activist Manoj Jarange, currently on a hunger strike at Azad Maidan in South Mumbai demanding Maratha reservation, reiterated his stance, stating that the government now has only two options—“either grant reservation or shoot me."

He asserted that the agitation would continue until all demands are fully met, adding, “If Marathas get reservation, they will stand firmly behind the government."

“The decision is in hands of government either to shoot me or give reservation. We will continue our agitation till the time our demands are fully accepted. If Maratha’s get reservation they will all support government," he said.

Jarange also criticised the authorities for what he called diversion tactics. “The government is playing games by shutting down shops and restaurants in the CSMT area," he added.

Earlier in the day, Mumbai Police permitted Jarange to continue his hunger strike. Notably, the activist is on an indefinite fast demanding all Marathas should be recognised as Kunbis, an agrarian caste included in the OBC category, which will make them eligible for reservation in government jobs and education.

He further warned that delaying the decision would only escalate the situation. “If you delay the decision the more Marathas will come in Mumbai to join the protest," he said.

Jarange also urged the government to be transparent with the public. “Rather than spreading misinformation, the government should speak the truth about the Maratha reservation issue to the people of Maharashtra."

authorimg

Anushka Vats

Anushka Vats is a Sub-Editor at News18.com with a passion for storytelling and a curiosity that extends beyond the newsroom. She covers both national and international news. For more stories, you can follow her...Read More

Anushka Vats is a Sub-Editor at News18.com with a passion for storytelling and a curiosity that extends beyond the newsroom. She covers both national and international news. For more stories, you can follow her...

Read More

    Location :
    First Published:

    August 29, 2025, 19:27 IST

News india 'Grant Reservation Or Shoot Me': Manoj Jarange Continues Hunger Strike Over Maratha Quota

Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Read More

Read Entire Article