ARTICLE AD BOX
Last Updated:February 17, 2026, 07:37 IST
IRGC-linked media shared an AI video of an Iranian missile strike on a US carrier. Trump backs new Geneva talks on Tehran’s nuclear program amid tensions.

Fake AI video showing Iran attacking a US aircraft carrier surfaces online (Image: X/@sentdefender)
Pro-Iranian media channels affiliated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) have circulated a video purportedly showing an Iranian missile attack on a United States aircraft carrier and other surface vessels with the US Navy, creating a digitally fabricated scenario using artificial intelligence (AI).
The clip, widely shared across social media platforms, portrays a barrage of missiles launched from Iranian territory hitting a US Navy carrier strike group at sea. The sequence features sweeping aerial shots and large-scale explosions consuming what resembles an American aircraft carrier and nearby escort vessels. There has been no confirmation of any such incident from US defence authorities.
Channels affiliated with Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) are circulating a video created using Artificial Intelligence (AI) which shows an Iranian missile attack on an aircraft carrier and other surface vessels with the U.S. Navy. pic.twitter.com/0JjnesMpfe— OSINTdefender (@sentdefender) February 16, 2026
Rising Tensions And Diplomatic Efforts
The release of the video comes at a delicate moment in relations between Iran and the United States. The administration of Donald Trump has moved a second US aircraft carrier into West Asia amid escalating tensions, even as diplomatic channels reopen.
Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One on Monday, Trump said he would play an indirect role in high-level negotiations scheduled to take place Tuesday in Geneva over Tehran’s nuclear program. “I’ll be involved in those talks, indirectly. And they’ll be very important," Trump said, expressing optimism that Iran is interested in reaching an agreement.
The renewed diplomatic push follows a period of heightened confrontation. US officials, speaking to news agency Reuters, said the Pentagon is preparing contingency plans should negotiations collapse, including the possibility of a prolonged military campaign.
Trump indicated that Tehran may be more inclined to compromise following US strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities in June last year. He suggested that the consequences of failing to reach an agreement were clear. Before those strikes, talks had faltered over Washington’s insistence that Iran abandon domestic uranium enrichment — a demand Tehran has long rejected.
Meanwhile, Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi met the head of the UN’s nuclear watchdog on Monday in Geneva. Writing on X, Araqchi said he had traveled to Switzerland seeking a “fair and equitable deal," while making clear that Iran would not yield under pressure. “What is not on the table: submission before threats," he stated.
Handpicked stories, in your inbox
A newsletter with the best of our journalism
First Published:
February 17, 2026, 07:37 IST
News world AI Video Shows Iranian Strike On US Aircraft Carrier Ahead Of Nuclear Talks | Watch
Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Read More
1 hour ago
3






English (US) ·