Army says men in uniform at AAP-RJD presser are ex-servicemen dismissed earlier

49 minutes ago 3
ARTICLE AD BOX

The Indian Army said four former servicemen seen at a press conference with AAP MP Sanjay Singh and RJD MP Manoj Jha were either dismissed from service or declared deserters. It accused them of spreading misleading claims online and urged citizens to remain alert to misinformation.

Army

A joint press conference by AAP MP Sanjay Singh and RJD MP Manoj Jha, where the four former servicemen were reportedly present.

Shivani Sharma

New Delhi,UPDATED: May 22, 2026 16:47 IST

The Indian Army has issued a clarification over a press conference video circulating on media and social media platforms, alleging that attempts were being made to malign the image of the force through “fake, malicious and misleading narratives.”

In an official statement, the Army said the individuals seen in the video — Chandu Chavan, Harendra Yadav and P Narender — had been dismissed from service on grounds of indiscipline and unsoldierly conduct, while the fourth individual, Shankar Singh Gujjar, was a deserter since November 2024.against whom disciplinary proceedings were underway in both military and civil courts.

“A press conference video is being circulated across media and social media platforms with an attempt to malign the image of the Indian Army,” the statement said.

“It is reiterated that the individuals seen in the video, namely Chandu Chavan, Harendra Yadav and P Narender, were dismissed from service on grounds of indiscipline and unsoldierly conduct. The fourth individual, Shankar Singh Gujjar, is a deserter and disciplinary proceedings are undergoing against him in both military and civil courts,” the Army added.

The Army alleged that the four individuals were deliberately spreading “fake, malicious and misleading narratives” on social media to divert attention from their own misconduct and dismissal from service.

“Citizens are advised not to fall prey to such propaganda and to remain vigilant against misinformation,” the statement said.

The clarification came after a joint press conference by AAP MP Sanjay Singh and RJD MP Manoj Jha, where the four former servicemen were reportedly present.

The Army further alleged that the four individuals were “spreading lies about service conditions” and attempting to create divisions within the force by instigating an “Officer-Men divide.” It said the narratives aimed to divert attention from ongoing cases and allegations related to desertion, intoxication and insubordination.

- Ends

Published By:

Akshat Trivedi

Published On:

May 22, 2026 16:47 IST

Read Entire Article