ARTICLE AD BOX
![]()
At least one person was killed and eight others, including a child, were rescued after Russia launched a barrage of missiles and drones targeting the Kyiv region, Ukraine’s State Emergency Service said on Sunday.Kyiv Oblast governor Mykola Kalashnyk said the attack killed a 49-year-old man in Fastiv, a town about 60 km southwest of Kyiv, as cited by the Kyiv Independent. The strikes triggered fires and caused damage across five districts around Kyiv—Obukhiv, Brovary, Boryspil, Bucha and Fastiv. Whereas, rescue teams worked to pull survivors from the rubble in the village of Putrivka in Fastiv district."Two victims, a woman and a child, were hospitalized from the suburbs of the capital to hospitals in Kyiv," Kyiv mayor Vitali Klitschko said, Kyiv Independent reports. The attack also hit Ukraine’s southern coastal Odesa region, where kamikaze drones damaged energy infrastructure and sparked fires, regional governor Oleh Kiper said.Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy said earlier this week that tens of thousands of residents in Odesa were left without heating and running water due to ongoing attacks, and called for Moscow to be held accountable.The strike came days after US-brokered peace talks between Moscow and Kyiv in Geneva ended without a breakthrough.
Ukraine is approaching four years since Russia launched its full-scale invasion, and the latest negotiations were described as largely unproductive.Despite renewed US-led diplomatic efforts over the past year, Ukrainian civilians have continued to face frequent aerial attacks. Russia has intensified strikes on energy infrastructure, leaving many residents without electricity and heating during harsh winter conditions.




English (US) ·