'Guiding Principles Agreed': Iran Says Second Round Of Nuclear Talks With US 'Constructive'

2 days ago 11
ARTICLE AD BOX

Last Updated:February 17, 2026, 19:54 IST

This round follows the first talks held earlier in February, after previous negotiations collapsed during last year’s Iran-Israel war.

Iran's Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi. (AFP photo)

Iran's Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi. (AFP photo)

Iran on Tuesday described the second round of nuclear talks with the United States as “constructive," saying both sides had agreed on “set of guiding principles" for a potential agreement.

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi called the latest round of talks as “more constructive" than the previous round earlier in February.

“Ultimately, we were able to reach broad agreement on a set of guiding principles, based on which we will move forward and begin working on the text of a potential agreement," Araghchi told Iranian state media.

Talks between Iran and the US in Geneva concluded on Tuesday. According to Iranian state television, the session lasted nearly three hours. No date has yet been set for a third round of discussions.

Handpicked stories, in your inbox

A newsletter with the best of our journalism

First Published:

February 17, 2026, 19:54 IST

News world 'Guiding Principles Agreed': Iran Says Second Round Of Nuclear Talks With US 'Constructive'

Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Read More

Read Entire Article