Jal Jeevan Mission case: Rajasthan seeks LOC against retired IAS Subodh Agarwal

2 days ago 8
ARTICLE AD BOX

2 min readJaipurUpdated: Feb 19, 2026 01:00 AM IST

Subodh AgarwalA 1988-batch IAS officer, Subodh Agarwal retired on December 31, 2025 — days after the state government sanctioned his prosecution in the case. (File image)

The Rajasthan government has sent a requisition to New Delhi for a Look Out Circular (LOC) against retired IAS Subodh Agarwal over alleged corruption in the Jal Jeevan Mission, the state police said.

Anti-Corruption Bureau Superintendent of Police Pushpendra Singh confirmed the development, which comes over a month after the state government sanctioned his prosecution in the case, which dates back to when the Congress was in power.

“We have sent the requisition for the LOC to the immigration office in New Delhi. Now, it is up to them when they will issue it. It is important to prevent him from leaving the country,” said Singh.

A Look Out Circular is a legal mechanism through which the government stops, detains or prevents an individual from leaving the country. An alert is sent to airports, seaports and land borders after an LOC is issued to prevent the person from leaving India.

A 1988-batch IAS officer, Agarwal retired on December 31, 2025, days after the state government sanctioned his prosecution in the case. Agarwal served as additional chief secretary of the Public Health and Engineering Department (PHED).

The alleged scam involves tenders worth Rs 960 crore. According to investigators, two firms allegedly secured tenders by submitting forged completion certificates.

Earlier this week, nine senior officials were arrested following early-morning raids across multiple locations in Rajasthan and Delhi. On Wednesday, all nine suspects were remanded in police custody for three days for further investigation.

Story continues below this ad

Four others have secured no-coercive-action orders from the Rajasthan High Court, meaning police cannot take punitive action while their case is pending.

In December, the Supreme Court had granted bail to Mahesh Joshi, a Congress leader who was the PHED minister at the time of the alleged scam, seven months after he was arrested in the case.

Parul Kulshrestha is a Principal Correspondent for The Indian Express, based in Rajasthan. A lawyer turned journalist, she brings a unique cross-disciplinary perspective to her reporting, blending legal precision with deep social inquiry to cover one of India's most culturally and politically vibrant regions. Expertise and Experience Legal-Journalistic Synergy: Parul’s transition from a legal background to mainstream journalism provides her with a distinct advantage in interpreting policy, legislation, and judicial impacts. This expertise allows her to "read between the lines" of government orders and court rulings affecting the public. Diverse Beat: With years of experience across both mainstream newsrooms and independent journalism, she has built high-level authority in several critical areas: Nomadic Tribes & Marginalized Communities: She is recognized for her sensitive and in-depth reporting on the struggles and rights of Rajasthan's nomadic populations, often giving a voice to those outside the traditional political spotlight. Gender & Social Justice: Parul focuses on the intersection of law and gender, covering issues ranging from women’s safety and reproductive rights to the socio-economic empowerment of rural women. Environmental & Political Reporting: She tracks Rajasthan’s complex political landscape—including electoral shifts and bureaucratic changes—alongside critical environmental concerns like water scarcity and land use. Academic & Professional Pedigree: Her background as a lawyer, combined with her rise to the rank of Principal Correspondent at a national broadsheet, establishes her as a senior voice in the media landscape. ... Read More

Stay updated with the latest - Click here to follow us on Instagram

© The Indian Express Pvt Ltd

Read Entire Article