Nate Diaz targets Conor McGregor trilogy as White House UFC card comeback gains buzz again

1 hour ago 3
ARTICLE AD BOX

Nate Diaz targets Conor McGregor trilogy as White House UFC card comeback gains buzz again

Conor McGregor & Nate Diaz (Image via Getty Images)

Nate Diaz is gearing up for a return to mixed martial arts and has already named the opponent he wants to face the most. The fan favorite has been away from the UFC since September 2022.

He finished Tony Ferguson by submission in his last contracted fight. After that, he tried boxing and faced the likes of Jake Paul and Jorge Masvidal. Now, fit and ready to return, Diaz says he wants real competition again. He mentioned Conor McGregor first, and also spoke about Dustin Poirier and Mike Perry as possible opponents.Talk about a Diaz vs. McGregor trilogy is growing because the UFC is planning a major event on June 14. The promotion hopes to hold the show on the White House South Lawn during the United States’ 250th anniversary celebrations.

Dana White has said the card is being finalized. Diaz and McGregor both showed interest. Their rivalry is tied at one win each from 2016. McGregor is expected to be eligible to compete again in March 2026.

Nate Diaz vs Conor McGregor tie-breaker could drive huge numbers

Nate Diaz Hoping For UFC Return, Wants White House Card | TMZ Sports

Nate Diaz explained in an interview that he feels ready to return to serious competition. He indicated his top choice is a third fight with Conor McGregor. He also suggested a bout with Dustin Poirier and mentioned Mike Perry as another possibility, while criticizing Poirier’s reluctance to fight.

Diaz has continued to hint at an octagon comeback even during his boxing run.Poirier, however, retired after his third fight with Max Holloway last year. He has not fully committed to returning, though he has admitted a bout with Diaz, even in boxing, is interesting to him.Former fighter Brendan Schaub recently opened up on the matter. He believes the UFC needs the trilogy if it wants a record audience for the White House show.

He said casual viewers would only tune in for recognizable stars and that the roster alone may not be enough to achieve massive viewership without a nostalgic matchup.Schaub also questioned Diaz’s current level. He pointed to moments in Diaz’s last UFC appearance where he seemed unfocused. In his view, the fight would attract attention mainly because of history rather than elite performance. He compared the potential event to comfort entertainment, explaining fans may not expect the highest technical quality but would still watch because the rivalry is memorable and satisfying.

Read Entire Article