ARTICLE AD BOX
Last Updated:May 05, 2026, 12:01 IST
Neymar faces an internal probe at Santos after an alleged training ground altercation with Robinho Jr., who has accused him of insults, a trip, and a slap.

Santos' Neymar and Robinho Jr. (X)
Bad news seems to follow Neymar — and the latest reports out of Brazil have only added to the noise around the Santos star.
According to Brazilian outlet Globo Esporte, Neymar is now at the centre of an internal investigation for assault by Santos following an alleged altercation with teammate Robinho Jr. during a training session.
The Whole Debacle, As It Unfolded
The incident reportedly took place on Sunday at the Rei Pele Training Center, during drills involving players who didn’t feature in Santos’ recent league outing against Palmeiras.
Tensions flared after the youngster dribbled past Neymar in training. Frustrated, the veteran forward allegedly told him to “take it easy" before reacting with a trip that sent Robinho Jr. to the ground.
What followed was a brief but heated exchange that quickly turned physical, forcing teammates and staff to step in and separate the two.
Initial reports suggested the matter had been resolved quickly. Neymar, who shares a close bond with the teenager and once played alongside his father, Robinho, reportedly apologised soon after, with both players treating it as a momentary flare-up.
But the situation has since escalated.
Robinho Jr. Seeks Action
Santos have now confirmed they are formally investigating the incident.
“Santos Futebol Clube has become aware of an alleged physical assault committed by a player affiliated with Santos Futebol Clube against another player at the club," the club said in a statement.
The statement added: “Santos FC announces that, following a decision by the club’s board, an internal investigation was launched immediately after the incident to examine the episode involving the players Neymar Jr. and Robson de Souza Jr. during training on Sunday at the Rei Pelé Training Centre. The club’s Legal Department is responsible for conducting the investigation."
According to Globo Esporte, Robinho Jr. has made three specific allegations: claiming Neymar hurled insults, tripped him, and delivered “a violent slap to the face."
The youngster has also reportedly requested a meeting with the club to discuss terminating his contract, citing a “lack of minimum safety standards."
The controversy comes at a sensitive time for Neymar, who is pushing to re-establish himself with the Brazil squad ahead of the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
Handpicked stories, in your inbox
A newsletter with the best of our journalism
News sports football Neymar Accused Of Assault: Santos Investigates Training Ground Clash With Robinho Jr. - Report
Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Read More
2 weeks ago
5




English (US) ·