Neymar-Robinho Jr. Saga Ends: Santos Bury Hatchet After Training Bust-Up | WATCH

2 weeks ago 5
ARTICLE AD BOX

Last Updated:May 06, 2026, 10:47 IST

Neymar and Robinho Jr. confirm their training-ground clash is resolved, with both players apologising and calling the incident overblown after Santos’ Sudamericana draw.

 Santos FC)

Neymar and Robinho Jr. have hashed out their differences and chosen to move forward peacefully (Photo Credit: Santos FC)

Looks like it’s all water under the bridge at Santos.

After days of noise surrounding their training-ground altercation, Neymar and Robinho Jr. have both come forward to confirm that the issue has been resolved, putting an end to a saga that briefly threatened to spiral.

The Whole Debacle, As It Unfolded

The incident took place on Sunday at the Rei Pele Training Center during a session involving players who hadn’t featured in Santos’ recent league match against Palmeiras.

Tensions reportedly flared when Robinho Jr. dribbled past Neymar in a drill. The veteran forward, frustrated, told the youngster to “take it easy" before tripping him, sparking a heated exchange that quickly turned physical. Teammates and staff had to step in to separate the two.

Initial reports suggested the matter had been resolved quickly, with Neymar, who shares a close bond with the youngster and once played alongside his father Robinho, apologising soon after.

But the situation escalated.

Santos launched an internal investigation, while Robinho Jr. alleged that Neymar had hurled insults, tripped him, and even delivered “a violent slap to the face."

Public Reconciliation

Fast forward to Tuesday night, after Santos’ 1-1 draw with Recoleta FC in the CONMEBOL Sudamericana… and the narrative has completely flipped.

Em entrevista à ESPN após o empate contra o Recoleta, Neymar falou sobre a briga com Robinho Jr. durante treinamento do Santos e explicou que já havia se desculpado. Para o craque, a proporção que a situação tomou não deveria ser tão grande.Assista aos jogos da CONMEBOL… pic.twitter.com/xQwyv3gLJa

— SportsCenter Brasil (@SportsCenterBR) May 6, 2026

“I went too far, yes, I know that. I had already apologized, I thought it had been resolved between us in that moment," Neymar told ESPN Brasil.

“Anyone who plays football knows that these things happen… Punches, slaps, everything. Football is just like that… But this should have been resolved here inside."

The reconciliation wasn’t just stated. After scoring, Neymar embraced Robinho Jr. during his celebration, symbolically putting the issue to rest.

Robinho Jr. echoed the sentiment.

“Of course I was upset… he’s been my idol since childhood," the youngster said to ESPNBrasil. “But he apologized and owned up to it… I accepted it. Everything’s fine now."

Robinho Jr. falou em zona mista sobre a notificação extrajudicial que seu staff e empresários enviaram ao Santos após desentendimento em treino com Neymar, cobrando providências em relação ao caso. A joia da base do Santos contou que a decisão de enviar a notificação surgiu em um… pic.twitter.com/h8xuRvsYDD— SportsCenter Brasil (@SportsCenterBR) May 6, 2026

He also admitted the situation may have been blown out of proportion.

“It shouldn’t have gone public… it caused unnecessary media frenzy, which was bad for both of us."

Not the cleanest episode. But in football terms? Just another storm that’s already passed.

Handpicked stories, in your inbox

A newsletter with the best of our journalism

News sports football Neymar-Robinho Jr. Saga Ends: Santos Bury Hatchet After Training Bust-Up | WATCH

Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Read More

Read Entire Article