ARTICLE AD BOX
The SI examination, conducted by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission, was held between September 13 and 15, 2021. (Representative/ Express file photo)
The Rajasthan High Court has cancelled the 2021 sub-inspector recruitment exams following paper leak allegations.
The decision came on the back of petitions demanding that the entire process of that year be scrapped. The Rajasthan government, however, opposed the petition on the ground that it would be “premature” to cancel the examination before a Special Investigation Team completes its probe.
The Division Bench had reserved the decision on August 14.
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) in 2021 advertised 859 posts for sub-inspector and platoon commander.
Allegations of a paper leak surfaced during the recruitment exam, leading the government to hand over the investigation to the Special Operations Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police.
Over 50 trainee sub-inspectors, among others, were arrested for the paper leak.
The Rajasthan government in 2024 formed a cabinet sub-committee to decide whether to cancel the exam.
In its report submitted to the high court in July, the Rajasthan government had recommended that the exams should not be cancelled.
Story continues below this ad
“The SIT is doing a detailed investigation and making arrests. It is possible to segregate tainted and untainted candidates,” additional advocate general Vigyan Shah told reporters outside the court.
After Wednesday’s ruling, BJP president Madan Rathore refused to comment, saying it was “too soon to say anything”. “The party will consult legal experts to make further decisions,” he said.
Meanwhile, Cabinet Minister Kirodi Lal Meena claimed he had been “fighting against the paper leak mafia since the beginning”.
“I have sent a letter to the CM Bhajan Lal Sharma to cancel the exam. Paper leak mafia has destroyed many innocent lives in our state. We are with students and their interests,” said Meena.