ARTICLE AD BOX
Last Updated:February 17, 2026, 09:28 IST
Police said investigations are underway to trace the origin of the threat and search operations are continuing.

Security remains tight across Mohali as authorities work to ensure public safety and determine the credibility of the threat.(Pexels/Representative Image)
A bomb threat targeting private schools in Punjab’s Mohali triggered panic, prompting evacuations, intensive searches and heightened security across the city, including at Fortis Hospital where Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann is currently admitted.
In Phase 5 of Mohali, one private school was immediately evacuated after authorities received a threatening message warning that multiple schools would be blown up. Students were sent home as a precaution.
The threat message, received earlier in the day, also mentioned a hospital, raising alarm among security agencies. Although the name Fortis was not explicitly stated, police launched extensive search operations at Fortis Hospital Mohali.
Read more: Indian Man Detained By US Immigration Authorities On Child Sexual Assault Charges
Five police teams, along with bomb disposal squads and dog squads, were deployed to carry out thorough checks inside the hospital premises and surrounding areas. Authorities said the situation was being treated with utmost seriousness, particularly because Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann is currently under medical supervision at the facility.
Police said investigations are underway to trace the origin of the threat and search operations are continuing.
CM Bhagwant Mann Under Observation In Fortis
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann was admitted to Fortis Hospital in Mohali, where he underwent a comprehensive clinical assessment and diagnostic tests, PTI reported. According to hospital authorities, his vital parameters were stable and within normal limits. He was experiencing exhaustion and was admitted for observation and supportive care.
“His condition is stable, and he remains under the supervision of a multidisciplinary medical team," the hospital said in a statement.
Security remains tight across Mohali as authorities work to ensure public safety and determine the credibility of the threat.
Handpicked stories, in your inbox
A newsletter with the best of our journalism
Location :
Chandigarh, India, India
First Published:
February 17, 2026, 09:28 IST
News india Students Evacuated After Bomb Threat Targets Mohali Private Schools
Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Read More
2 hours ago
8






English (US) ·