ARTICLE AD BOX
The BJP in Tamil Nadu has targeted the MK Stalin-led DMK government following the arrest of six terror suspects from the state, alleging that Tamil Nadu has turned into a breeding ground for terrorism due to the ruling party’s “appeasement politics.”
State BJP chief K Annamalai launched a scathing attack, claiming that law and order in Tamil Nadu was in shambles and that the state had become a safe haven for terrorists and hardened criminals.
Delhi Police, in a joint operation to bust a terror module, arrested six persons from different parts of Tiruppur. A preliminary probe suggests that the accused were allegedly planning a major terror strike in India at the behest of their foreign handlers. Two others were arrested from West Bengal.
“The corrupt and incompetent DMK Govt has transformed a once peaceful state into a safe haven for terrorists, Anti-social elements, International Drug smugglers and ruthless criminals. The law and order of the State is in shambles for this very reason,” Annamalai said in a social media post.
He further alleged that instead of acting in the best interests of the state and the country, the DMK government had “remained a mute spectator,” claiming this was being done in the name of appeasing its core vote bank.
BJP leader Vinoj P Selvam also joined the attack, alleging a surge in terror networks in the state in recent years.
“Over the last four years, Tamil Nadu has become a breeding ground for terror networks. Appeasement policies aimed at promoting any community are acceptable, but appeasement that promotes terror across the country is not,” said Selvam, the BJP’s state secretary.
The BJP’s ally AIADMK also hit out at the MK Stalin government, stating that the incident reflected the failure of the state’s law-and-order machinery and intelligence system.
“6 Bangladeshi nationals working illegally in Tiruppur and supporting the handlers from Pakistan who are instigating terror clearly shows the failure of law and order and the state intelligence unit in Tamil Nadu,” AIADMK leader Kovai Sathyan said.
“It is only under this DMK's incompetent MK Stalin rules, there are cylinder blasts which are indeed terrorist acts in nature, and there were arrests of individuals from the banned output Hizbul Tahrir in Chennai, and now 6 Bangladeshi nations clearly shows that the entire model of operation and the state intelligence has completely failed to safeguard its citizens,” he added.
The DMK has not commented on the allegations or the arrests so far.
Delhi Police on Sunday said its Special Cell had arrested eight terror suspects -- six from Tamil Nadu and two from West Bengal -- for allegedly plotting a major terror conspiracy in Delhi at the behest of Pakistan’s ISI and Bangladesh-based extremist organisations. Investigators believe the accused were planning to carry out major terror strikes in the national capital.
The development came a day after security agencies issued an alert over a possible explosion near the Red Fort, following intelligence inputs that Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) had allegedly placed prominent religious sites in India on its target list.
- Ends
Published On:
Feb 22, 2026
Tune In
1 hour ago
6







English (US) ·