Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Bandi Sanjay Kumar on Wednesday (May 20, 2026) claimed there was no precedent of a father voluntarily handing over his son to the police for questioning.
“I personally handed over my son to the police for an inquiry. It is precisely because I remain among the people and because the people stand with the BJP, that Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS( working president K.T. Rama Rao is orchestrating a malicious smear campaign against me through his ‘fake media factory’ on social media to tarnish my reputation and that of my party,” he told the media at the BJP’s State office in Hyderabad.
“No matter how many fabricated stories they create, the public stands firmly with the BJP. People are simply laughing at these fake news reports and concocted narratives,” he added.
Mr. Sanjay Kumar dismissed rumours about his impending arrest, removal from the Union Cabinet, or the possibility of launching a new political party. He alleged that the BRS was targeting him because of his role in “ending the 10-year regime of corruption and anarchy under KCR’s family”.
“Naturally, they harbour resentment over the loss of power. That is why they are trying to orchestrate my arrest,” he said. Earlier in the day, Mr. Sanjay Kumar arrived at the party’s State office to a rousing reception from party workers and leaders, who raised slogans expressing solidarity with him. MLA Rakesh Reddy, MLC Anji Reddy, and senior leaders Manohar Reddy and N.V. Subhash, among others were present.
7 hours ago
2





English (US) ·