US-Iran War Ceasefire News Highlights: Trump Says Iran Hardline Leaders Are Going To 'Fold'

1 week ago 3
ARTICLE AD BOX

Last Updated:May 11, 2026, 23:25 IST

Iran US Israel War Ceasefire News Highlights: According to IRIB, Iran’s proposal included several key demands tied to any future peace agreement.

Iran's New Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei and US President Donald Trump | File Image

Iran's New Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei and US President Donald Trump | File Image

Iran US Israel War Ceasefire News Highlights: Efforts to secure a permanent end to the months-long conflict between the United States and Iran have suffered another setback after US President Donald Trump rejected Tehran’s proposal and called it “totally unacceptable”.

According to reports, Trump reviewed Iran’s latest response on Sunday before issuing a sharp reaction on his Truth Social platform.

“I have just read the response from Iran’s so-called ‘Representatives.’ I don’t like it — TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!”

The remarks came at a critical stage in negotiations aimed at formally ending the conflict that erupted on February 28, disrupting global energy markets and triggering instability across the Middle East.

Iran Defends Its Position

Iranian state media quickly responded to Trump’s criticism, defending Tehran’s proposal and framing it as a defense of national sovereignty.

In a statement shared through its Telegram channel, Iran’s state broadcaster IRIB said the response from Tehran “emphasizes the fundamental rights of the Iranian nation” and accused the United States of demanding Iran’s “surrender to Trump’s greed”.

According to IRIB, Iran’s proposal included several key demands tied to any future peace agreement. These reportedly include war reparations from the United States, official recognition of Iran’s sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz, and the removal of economic sanctions imposed on Tehran.

The broadcaster also stated that Iran wants frozen Iranian assets and overseas funds to be released as part of a broader settlement framework.

US-Iran War Ceasefire

The conflict between the United States, Israel, and Iran began on February 28 and continued for several weeks before hostilities were paused on April 8 under a ceasefire arrangement.

Although direct military attacks have largely stopped since then, negotiations aimed at achieving a permanent resolution have remained difficult. Diplomatic efforts have centered on security guarantees, sanctions relief, and control over strategic regional waterways.

One of the biggest sticking points in the negotiations has been Iran’s uranium enrichment programme. The United States has continued to insist that Tehran provide a firm commitment to end uranium enrichment activities in exchange for sanctions relief and the release of billions of dollars in frozen Iranian assets.

Another central issue involves the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s most strategically important maritime trade routes. The passage handles nearly one-fifth of global crude oil shipments, making any disruption there a major concern for international markets.

Trump’s rejection of the proposal comes as pressure builds within Washington over how to deal with Iran moving forward. Reports suggest that some Republican leaders have urged the administration to keep the “military option” open if negotiations fail to produce results.

US-Iran War Ceasefire News LIVE Updates: Israeli Drone Strike Kills Two In South Lebanon

An Israeli drone fired a guided missile at a car in the town of Doueir on Monday afternoon, killing two people, Lebanon’s National News Agency reported.

US-Iran War Ceasefire News LIVE Updates: Iran’s Hardline Leaders ‘Are Going To Fold’, Says Trump

US President Donald Trump said Iran’s hardline leadership “are going to fold,” adding that he would continue dealing with Tehran “until they make a deal” when asked about ongoing negotiations, Fox News reported.

US-Iran War Ceasefire News LIVE Updates: World Has Weeks To Avert 'Humanitarian Crisis' Over Hormuz Fertiliser Blockade, Warns UN Official

Millions of people risk facing severe hunger and possible starvation unless fertiliser shipments are soon permitted to pass through the Strait of Hormuz, the head of a United Nations task force working to prevent a growing humanitarian crisis warned on Monday. “We have a few weeks ahead of us to prevent what will likely be a massive humanitarian crisis,” Jorge Moreira da Silva, executive director of the UN Office for Project Services (UNOPS) and leader of the task force, told AFP in an interview. “We may witness a crisis that will force 45 million more people into hunger and starvation,” he added.

US-Iran War Ceasefire News LIVE Updates: Over 2,800 Killed In Israeli Attacks On Lebanon

Lebanon’s Health Ministry said that at least 2,869 people have been killed in Israeli attacks since the resumption of fighting on March 2, Al Jazeera reported. It added that 8,730 others were injured.

'War Not Over': Netanyahu Says Iran's Enriched Uranium 'Must Be Taken Out'

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said the war involving Iran cannot be considered over until Tehran’s stockpile of enriched uranium is removed and its remaining nuclear infrastructure dismantled.

Read full Article

US-Iran War Ceasefire News LIVE Updates: Israeli Soldier Killed Near Border With Lebanon

Israel’s military said on Monday that one of its soldiers had died in fighting near the border with Lebanon, bringing its losses to 18 personnel since the war with Hezbollah began in early March, AFP reported. Sergeant Major Alexander Glovanyov, 47, “fell during combat near the Israel-Lebanon border”, the military said.

US-Iran War Ceasefire News LIVE Updates: No End To Deadlock As Iran, US Reject Talks Terms

Iran on Monday said it had demanded the release of its frozen assets and the end of a US blockade of its ports, after President Donald Trump angrily rejected Tehran’s terms for ending the West Asia war, AFP reported. The sharp exchange of messages raised the spectre of a return to open conflict in the Gulf, dashed hopes of a quick negotiated deal to reopen the Strait of Hormuz to commercial shipping and sent oil prices higher.

US-Iran War Ceasefire News LIVE Updates: Iran Asks US To End 'One Sided Pressure'

Iran on Monday urged the United States to abandon what it called a “one-sided approach” and accept Tehran’s “legitimate demands.” Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei said these demands include ending ongoing conflicts, lifting blockades, stopping what Iran described as maritime piracy, and releasing frozen Iranian assets. He made the remarks during a press briefing, stressing that Iran’s proposals are intended to safeguard its national interests. Baghaei also said the initiative is aimed at promoting broader regional and global stability.

Strait of Hormuz Latest News Live: South Korea's Cargo Ship Attacked In Strait Of Hormuz

South Korea’s presidential Blue House on Monday strongly condemned the attack on a cargo vessel operated by Korean shipper HMM Co. in the Strait of Hormuz earlier this month. Officials said the incident caused a fire in the ship’s engine room after damage was reported near the port stern. A preliminary forensic investigation into the attack is currently underway. The Blue House stated that the vessel, Namu, was operating legally in waters near the United Arab Emirates at the time of the incident. Authorities also emphasized that the assault on a commercial ship was unjustifiable and pledged a response once those responsible are identified.

Strait of Hormuz Latest News Live: South Korea's Cargo Ship Attacked In Strait Of Hormuz

South Korea’s presidential Blue House on Monday strongly condemned the attack on a cargo vessel operated by Korean shipper HMM Co. in the Strait of Hormuz earlier this month. Officials said the incident caused a fire in the ship’s engine room after damage was reported near the port stern. A preliminary forensic investigation into the attack is currently underway. The Blue House stated that the vessel, Namu, was operating legally in waters near the United Arab Emirates at the time of the incident. Authorities also emphasized that the assault on a commercial ship was unjustifiable and pledged a response once those responsible are identified.

US-Iran War Ceasefire News LIVE Updates: Drone Incidents Near Qatar And Kuwait Raise Fresh Concerns Over Fragile Ceasefire

The shaky ceasefire in the Iran conflict faced another test on Sunday after drones of unclear origin sparked a fire on a cargo ship off Qatar’s coast and entered Kuwaiti airspace before dawn. Authorities in both countries said no casualties were reported. The incidents add to growing tensions despite the month-old truce, which the Trump administration says remains in place. The ceasefire has already been strained by Iran’s restrictions in the Strait of Hormuz — a key global oil route — and the US blockade of Iranian ports.

US-Iran War Ceasefire News LIVE Updates: 'They Will Be Laughing No Longer': Trump's Fresh Threat To Iran

Trump on Sunday accused Iran of “playing games” and “laughing” at America for decades. “Iran has been playing games with the United States, and the rest of the World, for 47 years (DELAY, DELAY, DELAY!),” Trump said on his Truth Social platform.


“Laughing at our now GREAT AGAIN Country” but added: “They will be laughing no longer!” he added.

US-Iran War Ceasefire News LIVE Updates: Iranian Embassy In India Says Tehran's Response Reflects 'Fundamental Rights'

Iran has rejected the plan from the US, while submitting the response to the proposal, according to the Iranian Embassy in India’s statement on Monday. The Embassy said that the acceptance would have meant ” Tehran’s submission to Trump’s excessive demands”. In a post on X, the Iranian Embassy in India said the details of Iran’s response to the US proposal reflected the “fundamental rights of the Iranian nation.”

US-Iran War Ceasefire News LIVE Updates: Gold Prices Fell

Gold prices fell on Monday as stalled US-Iran peace negotiations drove oil prices higher, raising fears that persistent inflation could force central banks to keep interest rates elevated for a longer period. Spot gold slipped 0.6% to $4,684.32 per ounce by 0223 GMT, while US gold futures for June delivery fell 0.8% to $4,692.70. A stronger US dollar also added pressure on bullion prices, making gold more expensive for buyers using other currencies.

Trump Iran Ceasefire Deal Live Updates: US Senator Criticises Trump Over Iran War

Arizona Democratic Senator Mark Kelly criticised US President Donald Trump over America’s involvement in the Iran war, claiming the conflict began without a proper strategy or long-term plan. Speaking to CBS, Kelly warned that the war has heavily depleted US munitions and could weaken national security preparedness.

“It’s shocking the how deep we have gone into these magazines, because this president got our country into this without a strategic goal, without a plan, without a timeline, and because of that, we’ve expended a lot of munitions, and that means the American people are less safe, whether it’s a conflict in the western Pacific with China or somewhere else in the world, the munitions are depleted. You may have seen me ask the Secretary of Defence this question about how long it’s going to take to replenish. We’re talking about years,” he said.

US Iran Ceasefire News Live Updates: Tehran Defends Its Peace Terms

Iranian state broadcaster IRIB has defended Tehran’s latest response to the United States after Trump dismissed the proposal. According to IRIB, Iran’s demands include war reparations, lifting of sanctions, and recognition of its sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz. Tehran also wants frozen Iranian assets abroad to be released under any future agreement. Iranian officials argue that the proposal focuses on protecting the “fundamental rights of the Iranian nation”.

US Iran War Live Updates: Trump Rejects Iran Proposal Amid Ongoing Peace Talks

US President Donald Trump has rejected Iran’s latest proposal to end the conflict, calling it “TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!” in a post on Truth Social. The response came despite hopes that the proposal could move negotiations forward after months of tensions. Iran, however, defended its position, saying the proposal protects the country’s sovereignty and national rights.

Read Entire Article