Conor McGregor finally opens up after bagging first UFC fight in 5 years, says he is ‘better than ever’ ahead of UFC 329 rematch against Max Holloway

32 minutes ago 3
ARTICLE AD BOX

Conor McGregor finally opens up after bagging first UFC fight in 5 years, says he is ‘better than ever’ ahead of UFC 329 rematch against Max Holloway

Conor McGregor. Image via: Getty Images

Former UFC two-division champion Conor McGregor has opened up before returning to training camp for his much-awaited comeback fight. The Irish superstar is preparing for a rematch against former featherweight champion Max Holloway at UFC 329.

The fight will be held on July 11 in Las Vegas, USA. McGregor has been away from the octagon since suffering a serious leg injury during his fight against Dustin Poirier in 2021.McGregor appeared highly motivated as he updated fans on social media about his preparation for the fight. The 37-year-old thanked supporters for standing behind him during his difficult period away from the sport. He explained that the encouragement from fans has given him fresh energy entering camp.

McGregor also praised his coaches and sparring partners for helping him prepare for one of the biggest fights of his comeback journey.

The former champion believes he is physically and mentally stronger than ever before.

Conor McGregor feels fully focused before Max Holloway rematch

Conor McGregor and Max Holloway first met inside the UFC octagon in August 2013 at UFC Fight Night 26. McGregor won that contest by unanimous decision early in both fighters’ careers. Since then, both stars have become two of the biggest names in mixed martial arts history.

McGregor currently holds a professional record of 22 wins and six losses, while Holloway has earned 27 victories and suffered nine defeats.

The Irish fighter has not competed since UFC 264 in July 2021 when he lost to Dustin Poirier after breaking his leg during the opening round. McGregor was also expected to fight Michael Chandler in a comeback bout two years ago. However, an injury forced him to withdraw from the contest.Now, McGregor appears completely focused on returning to the cage. In his latest tweet, he wrote that the support from fans has made him excited to begin an intense training camp. He added that his coaches and training partners are fully committed to helping him prepare for the challenge ahead. McGregor also shared that sparring sessions with long-time teammate Nicolo Soli have pushed him to improve further.The former UFC champion stated that he feels stronger than ever. He said he is excited to showcase his martial arts skills once again on the global stage.McGregor also revealed that he hopes his comeback journey can motivate young fighters around the world.

Read Entire Article