Ranveer Singh Was Asked For Rs 10 Crore In Extortion Threat By Bishnoi Gang, US Number Involved

1 day ago 4
ARTICLE AD BOX

Last Updated:February 20, 2026, 09:54 IST

The extortion threat that actor Ranveer Singh received allegedly demanded Rs 10 crore from him. The threat was received through a WhatsApp voice note sent to his manager.

 Social Media)

Ranveer Singh was demanded Rs 10 crore in the extortion threat received by his manager (Photos: Social Media)

Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh was demanded Rs 10 crore in the extortion threat he had received last week through a WhatsApp voice note sent to his manager, allegedly linked to the Lawrence Bishnoi gang.

The voice message to the actor’s manager was sent from an international number and is suspected to feature the voice of gangster Harry Boxer, believed to be a close aide of the Bishnoi gang.

The development is connected to similar threats also received by filmmaker Rohit Shetty, as well as firing incidents linked to the gang.

Earlier, news agency PTI had reported that an audio clip circulated widely on social media in which a person identified himself as “Harry Boxer," claiming association with the Lawrence Bishnoi gang.

The clip allegedly contained threats directed at both Ranveer Singh and Rohit Shetty.

Police had confirmed at the time that Singh had received a threat for the second time that week, while five rounds had earlier been fired at Shetty’s multi-storey residence in Mumbai.

In the audio message, the caller allegedly issued severe warnings.

“The Bishnoi gang will deal with Singh in such a way that his next seven generations will remember it," the person purportedly said, PTI reported.

The caller further claimed to possess detailed information about the actor’s associates, stating, “We have complete details of every manager and every person who works with you. We will start targeting the people working under you," according to the agency.

Police said the extortion demand of Rs 10 crore was conveyed through the same WhatsApp voice note received by Singh’s manager earlier, whose statement has been recorded by the Mumbai Crime Branch.

Officials are examining technical aspects of the recording, including whether the voice is genuine or generated using artificial intelligence tools.

Investigators had also found that the sender used a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to conceal network identity and location, making digital tracing more complex.

Actor Aayush Sharma, Salman Khan’s brother-in-law, had also received a threatening email sent through Proton Mail, an encrypted service designed to mask user identity, with the sender allegedly claiming links to the Bishnoi gang.

The threats come against the backdrop of the January 31, 2024, firing incident outside Rohit Shetty’s residence, for which the Bishnoi gang had earlier claimed responsibility through a social media post.

In connection with that case, the Mumbai Crime Branch has invoked provisions of the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) against multiple accused, suspecting the involvement of an organised crime syndicate.

Investigators have alleged that the accused communicated via encrypted platforms such as Signal to maintain secrecy and are seeking access to deleted chats to establish the conspiracy.

Several accused have been produced before a special MCOCA court and remanded to police custody for further interrogation.

Handpicked stories, in your inbox

A newsletter with the best of our journalism

Click here to add News18 as your preferred news source on Google.

Get the latest entertainment news related to bollywood, hollywood movies, telugu, tamil, other south films and tv shows. Updates on upcoming movies, ott releases, movie reviews, celebrity news, and box office, korean drama and music. Join the fun, play games on News18. Download the News18 App.

First Published:

February 20, 2026, 09:54 IST

News movies Ranveer Singh Was Asked For Rs 10 Crore In Extortion Threat By Bishnoi Gang, US Number Involved

Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Read Entire Article