'They're bad negotiators': Donald Trump sends Iran a B2 'reminder'; nuclear talks set to continue

1 hour ago 4
ARTICLE AD BOX

 Donald Trump sends Iran a B2 'reminder'; nuclear talks set to continue

United States president Donald Trump on Monday said he would be involved “indirectly” in talks with Iran on its nuclear programme scheduled for Tuesday in Geneva and urged Tehran to be reasonable.

He also referred to the June 2025 B-2 bomber strike and said he believed Iran wanted to reach an agreement. "So I will be involved in those talks, indirectly, and they will be very important, let’s see what can happen. Iran is a very tough negotiator, I would say they're bad negotiators because we could’ve had a deal instead of sending the B2s into knockout, their nuclear potential, and we had to send the B2s. I hope they’re gonna be more reasonable, they wanna make a deal," Trump said to reporters. He said Tehran now appeared motivated to negotiate."I think they wanna make a deal. I don’t think they want the consequences of not making a deal," Trump said. The United States and Iran are expected to hold the next round of nuclear talks on Tuesday (local time) in Geneva, Switzerland, CNN reported.US special envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner are expected to attend the meetings.Iran’s foreign minister Abbas Araqchi met the UN nuclear watchdog chief on Monday and said in a post on X that he was in Geneva to “achieve a fair and equitable deal.”

The International Atomic Energy Agency has for months urged Iran to account for its stockpile of 440 kg of highly enriched uranium after Israeli-US strikes and to allow full inspections to resume, including at Natanz, Fordow and Isfahan, which were bombed in June last year.Iran has repeatedly warned it could close the Strait of Hormuz in response to any attack, a move that would disrupt about one-fifth of global oil flows and push crude prices higher.Meanwhile, Iran’s deputy foreign minister Majid Takht-Ravanchi has said Tehran would consider compromises on its uranium stockpile if Washington lifted sanctions that have affected the country’s economy, as cited by the BBC.Iran and the United States held previous rounds of nuclear talks in April 2025 in Muscat and Rome.However, on June 21–22, 2025, the United States carried out strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities at Fordow, Natanz and Isfahan under “Operation Midnight Hammer,” which Iran condemned as a violation of international law and the UN Charter.

Read Entire Article