ARTICLE AD BOX
Last Updated:May 21, 2026, 16:27 IST
CNN reports Iran rebuilding drone and missile capabilities at a faster rate during a ceasefire, aided by Russia and alleged Chinese components. China denies the claims.

A US official said that some US intelligence estimates indicate Iran could fully reconstitute its drone attack capability in as soon as six months. (Photo; AFP)
Iran started some of its drone production during the six-week fragile ceasefire that began in early April, CNN quoted two sources familiar with US intelligence assessments.
The sources were quoted saying that Iran is rapidly rebuilding certain military capabilities degraded by US-Israeli strikes.
Four sources told CNN that the rebuilding of military capabilities, including replacing missile sites, launchers and production capacity for key weapons systems destroyed during the current conflict, means that Iran remains a significant threat to regional allies should President Donald Trump restart the bombing campaign.
While this raises concerns over the extent to which US-Israeli strikes have damaged Iran’s military, CNN quoted US official saying that some US intelligence estimates indicate Iran could fully reconstitute its drone attack capability in as soon as six months.
“The Iranians have exceeded all timelines the IC (Intelligence Community) had for reconstitution," the US official said.
According to CNN, Iran has been able to rebuild much faster than expected due to a combination of factors, ranging from support it is receiving from Russia and China to the fact that the US and Israel did not inflict as much damage as the two countries had hoped.
One of the sources was quoted saying that China has provided components to Iran during the conflict that can be used to build missiles. Last week, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told CBS that China is giving Iran “components of missile manufacturing".
However, the allegations have been rejected by China. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Guo Jiakun called the claims “not based on facts".
Meanwhile, Chief Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell told CNN in a statement that “America’s military is the most powerful in the world and has everything it needs to execute at the time and place of the President’s choosing."
In April, CNN had reported US intelligence assessing that roughly half of Iran’s missile launchers had survived US strikes.
Handpicked stories, in your inbox
A newsletter with the best of our journalism
Location :
Washington D.C., United States of America (USA)
News world US Intel Says Iran Rebuilding Military Industrial Base Faster Than Thought, Exceeding Timelines
Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Read More
30 minutes ago
3






English (US) ·